Friday, January 28, 2011

34 weeks and such

TaDa!!
The nursery painting is finished! I would say how hard I slaved away at it, but we all know that it was 100% Dan who did it!! Now we just have to work on filling the room with the needed items!


Here is the finshed giraffe! We will use him as a growth chart for Sparty.

We bought new blinds for the window, and Dan made the curtain rod from a stick in the backyard! He shaved it down, stained and glossed it! I think it fits the style of the room and just gives something special.



Less than 6 weeks to go!

I am headed towards the finish! I had my 34 week appt. and everything is status quo. I feel like he has really grown and "popped" my belly out the past 2 weeks. I also am starting to get a little more fatigued than normal. For the past 2 weeks, I have been working a rotation, at the hospital next to our hospital, as part of the Neonatal resucitation team. It was 7a to 3 pm everyday which is much different from my 3 day on - 4 day off schedule, even if the days were shorter. I would get home around 4p and be so tired but could'nt nap b/c then I would'nt be able to sleep that night! Needless to say, I like my 12 hour shifts b/c it means I get a few days completly off.
Other than fatigue, Sparty has really been moving the past week. It seems almost constant some days and I love it! Of course whenever Dan tries to feel the movements Sparty stops. It has been this way since I first started to feel him kick! It is kinda funny and frustrating at the same time.
Here are 2 pictures from 34 weeks,








I have my first shower coming up and I am super excited! We also have our birthing class soon, which Dan is NOT excited about. He thinks it is pointless for us to go b/c we both have been to so many c-sections and delivery's and are both NRP certified that it is going to be pointless. I tried to explain to him that it is just part of the pregnancy journey and it is different b/c it is our labor and delivery not some strangers. I don't think I sold him but he is going to go regardless!
I will post if we learn helpful information or not!!!




1 comment:

The Myers said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't know you had a blog. How fun! I love, love, love the nursery. It is so cute! And all of that painting. Very impressed. You look beautiful by the way. Only a month and a half to go. Yea! Excited to see you at the end of February, that is if Baby Hill doesn't make his entrance before then. :)