Saturday, April 23, 2011

Much Improvement

It is amazing how much a baby can change in just a week, let alone 7 weeks! We are starting to get a routine down with him and I know that will only last until he decides he wants a different routine! He just started sleeping 5-6 hours at night and it is wonderful! When he wakes up in the middle of the night, he drinks his bottle then goes right back to sleep, so I can not complain at all!
He took his first road trip 2 weeks ago. We went to Houston to visit my grandparents. He did great in the car! HE slept the whole way, except t o eat once. I was afraid that meant he would be up all night, but he not so! I really feel blessed to have a baby that sleeps so well, he is definitely our child (we love sleep!) We had a fun and relaxing time in Houston and my mom was nice enough to take a 2 am feeding so we could rest!



Here he is with his "great" grandparents

He is starting to interact more and I am finally starting to feel that "bond" with him. I am waiting patiently for him to start smiling. I know once he does it will make this whole journey worth while! I still have days where I feel like he is just an extra bag to carry around, and I reminisce on the days when life was carefree and I could go ride my bike or swim without finding someone to watch the baby. That being said, my favorite part of t he day is when he and I take a nap in the afternoon. He curls up on my chest and it is so peaceful and loving! He makes the cutest noises in his sleep, like he's having a puppy mere!



Here he is watching his mobile in his crib! He kicks his legs to the music and is so intense watching the little animals




We bought him this play mat and when he is in the right mood he will just stare at all the little toys. However, this mood is usually short lived and he gets bored! He and his daddy were playing together



He seems to be growing each day and he is finally starting to get a little fuzz on his bald head!
I can't wait to see how much he has grown at his 2 month appointment, although I am not looking forward to him getting his 2 month shots. We weighed him at home and he is around 9 pounds and he is just about to big for his newborn diapers.





Hopefully next time I post I will have a picture of him smiling!!!










2 comments:

Callie said...

He is so cute!

The Myers said...

Yea! So glad to hear that he is sleeping so well. Makes all the difference, doesn't it. :) He is so precious.