Wednesday, October 26, 2011

7 months (3 weeks late!)

7 Months Already!
Nathan continues to grow and time continues to pass quickly.
SOme highlights of this past month include Nathan sitting by himself for long periods of time. He was toppling over a month ago, but now I can just sit him down and know he won't tip over.
He also moves around so much more at night. He scooches himself into the corner of the crib with his "back scoot". The bad thing is he wakes up in the middle of the night with his head jammed into the corner and he startes to fuss. All we have to do is put him back in the middle of the crib and he goes back to sleep, but I don't like having to get up at 1am and 4 am. I am not sure how we can break him of this bad habit! We find him sleeping more on his stomach too, which we never thought would happen because of his adverseness to tummy time for so long!

He continues to be such a happy baby. He has this little "pig squeal" he makes when he is really happy. It is adorable!
He loves to play with his toys and now I can set him down for a little while and he can entertain himself with his toys!
He is getting closer to crawling! He will get up on all fours and rock back and forth. He just has not made any forward movements! It is so funny how fast he changes. One day we put him on his tummy and he got up on all 4's ,just like that! So I am assuming one day he will just decide to start crawling!
One of his favorite things is bath time! Dan ussually gives him his batah and they have so much fun splashing and playing! Nathan still loves to put EVERYTHING in his mouth, as shown above.
He is growing so fast and I love every minute of it! (even the times in the middle of the night when I am exhausted) I am just thankful to have this wonderful and prescious little boy who I love more than I could ever imagine was possible! I am not a very emotional person but somettimes my heart feels like it is going to explode with love for this little boy and it brings true tears to my eyes. If I, in my imperfect sin nature, can love someone this much, how much more must out Heavenly Father love us? I can not even fathom!!
I have gone back to part-time at work and I really enjoy the extra time it gives me with NAthan at home. Some days we struggle to find things to dao but it is a joy to watch hime play and learn new things and i am grateful to be a part of it!
My next post will be on our difficult descion and journey to put Nathan in a helmet to correct ot his head.....stay tuned!

No comments: