Saturday, January 4, 2014

Again, a little behind on blogging!

Thanksgiving 2013
 
I feel like Amber had grown by leaps and bounds! She is so different from at her birthday, what a difference 2 months makes. She has been walking for a while and has cut out crawling all together.
Her hair is so long and pretty but I can't just spit in my hand and pat it down like I can with Nathan's! I hope it stays the red color that it is!
She loves to clap right now and copying her brother!
 
Dan had to work this Thanksgiving so I took the kids and went to my grandparents house. My mom and I drove down after I got off of work at 7:30pm, thinking the kids would sleep the whole way down...ummm..not so much! Amber fell asleep just fine but Nathan was so resistant which really surprised me because he is my little sleeper boy! I mean this kid sleep 11 hours at night every night and then takes a 3 hour nap in the afternoon! The boy LOVES to sleep! Anyways, he finally fell asleep at 11ish but we arrived at their house an hour later. Then he saw my grandparents, who he LOVES, and he was wired for another hour! At least it was a good plan in theory.

Nathan loves his G-gram and G-pop so much. HE talks about them all the time. " We can feed the ducks when we go to G-gram and g-pop's house" " my big mickey is at G-gram's house!"
It was funny, he would get kinda upset if he didn't know where my grandpa was at times. "oh no, G-pop is gone"!
 

We took the kids to the small airport right by Gram and Pop's house. IT is a wonderful airport, you can sit on a little patio and watch the planes taxi, take off and land. Funny story, while we were there 2 guys were driving a large (fits 8 people) golf cart on the tarmac and were smiling and waving at the kids, so they drove over and asked us if we wanted to take a ride and look at the planes!!! So what does my plane loving boy say "No, Thank you". None of us could believe it, he had no idea what he had just said no to! (He is in a phase where everything is No, thank you, and it is hard to get too mad since he is so polite about saying no!)
 

They were both glued to the rail watching each plane take off and land. I don't think sister truly understood what she was looking at but since brother was doing it, so was she!
 

Here is Nathan trying coffee creamer for the 1st ime. When my siblings and I were little our favorite thing at a restaurant was to drink the cream from my grandparents coffee, so Nathan got introduced to it and he was a fan!
 

Such a big girl!
 

I always love going to visit my grandparents and I am so thankful for them! It warms my heart that Nathan takes to them so well! He and papa played a gamed were Nathan would run down the long hallway and Papa would be holding his giant Mickey mouse (literally its the ame size as nathan) and Nathan would crash into it. It was so fun to watch!

No comments: