Monday, April 7, 2014

18 months

 18 Month Old Red Head
 
I love this face so much  more each day! Each new word, smile and hug are mending the roughness of her first several months of life!
She had her 18 month old check up a few days ago and she is growing VERY well. Her height is the 91st percentile (shocker) at 33.5inchs. Her weight is in the 86th % at 25.8 pounds. She is developing and passing new milestones all the time.
She has started saying a ton of words. She will imitate most words we say. Her favorite words right now are "mommy", "daddy", "bruder" (brother), "yesh"(yes), "pees" (please) "wuvie" (lovie)"burd"(bird), "tweet-tweet", "cookie", "taint-u" (thank you) "wa-wa" (quinoa), "bites" (yogurt bites), "sock" and the list goes on, but those are some of my favorites.
She understands almost everything we say and is pretty good about following directions and obeying, however we have had to implement time-out with her in the last few months.
She and brother are starting to play to together better.  His favorite saying is still "no sister", but it is starting to lessen!
She is quite the little climber and has taken several bad tumbles. We also think she will be an artist as we call her the "chalk artist"! We keep the sidewalk chalk in the garage and so every time we get her out of the car she goes straight for the chalk ("caulk") and colors everywhere except the sidewalk. Grrr.....However, in her defense, we have an aggregate driveway and sidewalk and you can't see the chalk when you write. She has managed to color all over the garage doors and snuck it inside and got it all over the back of the couch! Yikes!  I am going to have to put it out of reach, I guess.
She loves to run and does whatever her brother is doing, which annoys him but I think it is so sweet. She just wants to be around him, but he does not understand that yet.
She likes to "help" me around the house with sweeping and vacuuming and she loves to push her lawn mower while daddy is mowing.
 
I am asked if she is a mommy's girl or a daddy's girl. I would say a mommy's girl until about 2 months ago. Now she just wants both of us! IF I am home with her and Dan is at work she asks for daddy and vice-versa. She still lets me take naps with her in the after noon and that is one of my favorite things to do. We just snuggle up in her glider and we both pass out!! I am going to be so sad when that phase is over.

She is an overall happy toddler and fun to be around. That being said, she has a little temper to her. IF she does not get her way or is mad she does this whole body shake and screams (not loud, thank goodness). She has been getting time-outs for that!  
 

 I love this little face and body! I look forward to watching her grow and learn.

No comments: